Mazatlán is a great walking city. Dina is over her bout with covid, but is still pretty fatigued. She was napping while I again walked through Old Mazatlán.
This is one of my favorite streets in Old Mazatlán. These homes were built about 120 years ago and they are fronted by palms and flowers. I went to the marina this afternoon to make a reservation to go out on this little boat. The owners daughter told me they often go out 25 miles! Depending on where the currents are determines where the fish are feeding. It's okay, they have beer and life jackets. We were at the Plazuela Machado the other night. Always something happening here. Cover bands, vendors of all kinds, and restaurants. It's a nice vibe. No hassles.
Dina and I found this nice restaurant near the condo this morning. It's a great place for breakfast with strong coffee and good food. The scenery isn't the same as our "usual place, but it's closer and cheaper. Last night we walked around the Machado after dinner. Some guys were break dancing in front of the theater. I guess it's still a thing. Here's a couple of pics from today. I walked over to the orphanage on a recon. No shit, the place looks like a penitentiary. High walls with razor wire coils on top. The gates are solid steel. You can't even look inside. I'm going back on Monday. Sorry I didn't take a picture. The "Garment District" Our restaurant last night in Old Town.
Comments
Post a Comment